I make handmade anatomical jewelry & metalwork. I aim to give a visual voice to invisible illness — creating products to promote awareness, celebrate a journey, or honor those lost.
Upcoming Shows & Events
Located in the Bucktown neighborhood, our fest is free and open to the public. We have no gates and no donation request. We have no paid staff – but over 200 volunteers. We could not do what we do without their dedication.
Our artists are not mass producers, they are individual artists who are at their booths to share their work with you.Event Website
- August 27 & 28, 2016
- 11am – 7pm
- 2200 N. Oakley Avenue. Chicago, IL 60647
About The Artist
Rachel B. Stork Stoltz, MS
Beginning as a hobby, metalsmithing is now an integral part of my life. As a trained medical illustrator, my work involves the intersection of art and anatomy. Starting as merely anatomical forms representing my love for anatomy, my metalwork has evolved into inspirational pieces for patients with chronic disease as well as awareness designs. These people and patients are where I gather inspiration. Using items such as surgical staples from a lung transplant, I create custom pieces with deep personal meaning and narrative. These symbolic metal forms commemorate a life-changing event, celebrate a journey or honor those lost. Through my work I give a visual voice to invisible illnesses. I am continuing to learn traditional and new metalsmithing techniques to incorporate into and strengthen my work. While my illustrations and professional work before this had value, this new adventure adds a deeper level of meaning and fulfillment to my life.
Latest Anatomical Element Tweets
- Life has been outrageous lately so I apologize for being MIA on the social fronts. However, I recently finished my… https://t.co/axgweIurD3
- Trust your gut, listen to your body & love yourself. ❤️ I have a wide variety of Anatomical… https://t.co/hxElsnly24
- Guess what! You can now get my brain pin & some of my anatomical jewelry over at @Colossal in their shop! It's suc… https://t.co/ea7lGJwW4b
- This is awesome! https://t.co/bAKced9Wkz
- So glad you love it!! 🙂 https://t.co/G8qCXVvCt9
- Here's to all the strong women out there, whether you were born with a uterus or not! #internationalwomensday… https://t.co/kshv9CcVzL